Innovation at the service of sustainable development
As a long-standing partner of the automotive industry, Rhodia provides auto manufacturers with a range of major innovations: highly dispersible silicas, rare earth-based formulations, engineering plastics. These solutions enable carmakers to offer their customers vehicles that are increasingly lightweight, less polluting, more energy efficient, and safer.
Ecomobility: preserving natural resources and curbing CO2 emissions
Reducing vehicle weight by substituting plastics for metals
A vehicle’s weight – the most decisive factor as far as its CO2 emissions are concerned – has a direct impact on its fuel consumption. Designed to replace steel, our range of Technyl ® engineering plasticsmake it possible to reduce the weight of a vehicle by up to 20%. These fully recyclable advanced materials are specially designed to meet the requirements of both structural (seats) and bodywork components in addition to the specifications of under-the-hood applications.
Limiting energy consumption
The highly dispersible Zeosil® silica, invented by Rhodia, makes it possible to reduce tire rolling resistance by 25% and to cut CO2 emissions by up to 7%. The use of these so-called “green tires” slashes more than 5% off the vehicle’s overall fuel consumption. Zeosil™ Premium, the latest generation in this range, already anticipates forthcoming tire labeling standards.
Clean mobility: controlling emissions for improved air qualityRhodia’s expertise in gasoline catalysis and diesel filter regeneration helps auto manufacturers to comply with increasingly stringent regulations. We offer a wide range of rate earth-based catalysts lien sm terres rares designed for particulate filters, catalysts for gasoline engines and non-fluorinated polyamide solutions for fuel catalysis.
- Eolys ™, a technology used all over the world, makes it possible to completely regenerate diesel particulate filters at low temperatures and in a very short time.
- Actalys ™, a technology designed for gasoline-powered vehicles, is now used in over one third.
Safe mobility: enhancing safety thanks to our expertise and high-performance materials
All our solutions are designed to comply with the most stringent safety standards:
- The Group’s dispersible silicastechnology makes it possible to enhance the ability of tires to grip road surfaces when wet or covered in snow,
- Our engineering plasticsboast an ability to withstand shocks equivalent to that of steel,
- Rhodia’s expertise in fire-resistant materials guarantees the safety of under-the-hood components.